Sunday, February 6, 2011

As you are?

It has been said:  "Don't think that!"
"Don't listen to that!"
"Don't feel that!"

Shame is in the void.
The despair overpowering.
Naysayers, pointing... "that is wrong."

Grace is a blanket,
the warmth goes deep.
Compassion so pure.

Unworthy are we all,
Love conquers the past.
Compassion is our compass.

I find that as I draw closer to God, I realize how unworthy I truly am.  But there it is, He is still there with open arms.  Despite all my shortcomings and failures, His love does not change.  I am a Ragamuffin to the extreme.  It is His example that I will live by.  Jesus did not say "Love one another if...", He said "A new command I give you, Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another" (John 13:34-35).

God did not give us the power to change people, He only gave us the desire to Love them, to Truly love them.  (Romans 12:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment