Friday, December 31, 2010

You Waited...

We walked and laughed,
   together was our Communion,
The Light was so powerful,
   time felt endless.

I heard whispers in the dark,
   enticing the flesh.
So harmless it all seemed,
   I stopped to listen.

I heard laughter and singing,
   the sounds grew louder.
The world knocked,
   the light faded behind.

Minutes flying by,
  my "want" grew.
So much around me,
   emptiness felt within.

With great despair my soul turned,
   there He stood hands outstretched.
The Light washed me so deep,
   His embrace so focused.

The other day I read that God is the God of second chances (King David, Moses, Peter...).  Everyday I am blown away at how much God truly loves me.  I do not have fancy cars or tons of money in the bank, but I do have a God that cares for me so much that he draws me closer daily.  There are so many things in my life to be thankful for (My wife, my Kids, my family, my dc church), but what I am most thankful for is that fact that God is always there.  He knows that I will fail, but he knows my heart desires so much to serve Him.  I pray that as I go into 2011, my worship will be deeper so that I may be a vessel of His love to the world.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan,
    This is out-of-control awesome. Thanks for sharing this, and yes, you should do this more often! I appreciate your passion for the Master - it is contageous and your words are a great way for me to start my day today. The line, "He knows that I will fail, but he knows my heart desires so much to serve Him" is really powerful. I, too, am thankful that while we men look and judge by the outward appearance, God chooses to look at our hearts (1 Samuel 16:7). Your words have made me love Him even more, so... thanks so much!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete